Last Updated: Feb 1, 2017
Mix takes username usage and integrity very seriously. The policies below outline how an individual or brand can secure a name, and how Mix will handle username conflicts and resolve them in the cases of potential username squatting and/or trademark infringement.
Mix Username Policy
- Mix account usernames are provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and are intended for immediate and active use.
- Account usernames may not be inactively held for future use
- Mix account username squatting is prohibited. Inactive accounts may be renamed or removed by Mix staff at their discretion.
- Mix reserves the right to withhold certain usernames, for any reason, including for the express use of brands and entities that are:
- Verified through another service (such as Twitter or Facebook)
- Have a trademark or trademark pending on the name itself
- Commonly-held or known brand association with the username
- Attempts to sell, buy, or solicit other forms of payment in exchange for account usernames are prohibited and may result in permanent account suspension and forfeiture of all applicable Mix account usernames.
How Do I Report a Trademark Policy Violation?
If you feel the username of a Mix member is illegally using your registered trademark, you may report a Claim of Trademark Infringement. In your claim, make sure you include the following information:
In order to investigate trademark policy violations, please provide all of the following information:
- Username of the reported account
- Your company name
- Your company Mix account (if there is one)
- Company website
- Your trademarked word, symbol, etc.
- Trademark registration number
- Trademark registration office (e.g., USPTO)
- Description of confusion (e.g., passing off as your company, including specific descriptions of content or behavior)
- Requested Action (e.g., removal of violating account or transfer of trademarked username to an existing company account)
- Note: A federal or international trademark registration number is required. If the name you are reporting is not a registered mark (e.g., a government agency or non-profit organization), please let us know:
- Your first and last name
- Email (must be from company domain)
Holders of registered trademarks can report possible trademark policy violations to Mix here.
Please submit trademark-related requests from your company email address and include all the information requested below to help expedite our response. Also be sure to clearly describe to us why the account may cause confusion with your mark or how the account may dilute or tarnish your mark.
Mix reserves the right to reject any content that we deem contrary to our philosophy. If a trademarked is is suspected to be used for commercial or promotional intent, we reserve the right to deny the transfer of account ownership due to potential breach of Terms of Service.